There is a feeling around the world today that order has been restored and chaos has been tossed. One would think that the sweeping feeling of joy has something to do with our beloved Lower T Bar but unfortunately that is not the case. Despite the fearless efforts of many, we are still determining the best way to fix the problem with the brake and so we are without a Lower T again this weekend.
But don’t let this get you down. The Upper T is working, the Ski Patrol will bring your gear to L2 to help with your ascent, and L2 has become the equivalent of Mt Everest base camp. Lift tickets are half-priced, Turk’s Tavern is open throughout the day for take-out food and beverages, the fire will still be kindled in the beer garden at 4:00, and the Cain magic can still be found in the kindness of others and in the pockets of powder between the trees.
The Board of Directors is reviewing repair options and working on a plan for restarting the Lower T. And when that T starts pulling people up the hill, it will be an event equivalent to a presidential inauguration so if anyone knows how to get Lady Gaga up to Cain for the celebration, let us know. And what song should she sing?
A few other things to remember this weekend:
- If you are not feeling well please stay home. We will miss you but appreciate your kindness by staying away until you are healthy.
- Keep wearing those masks in the line, inside, and when you cannot safely stand 6 feet away from people.
- No skinning up or skiing down within the park boundaries on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (except on the lower mountain when the hill is open and the lower T not running). The groomers are working hard to get the hill ready for us and they cannot have skiers, boarders, or dogs on the hill. This is for your safety so please follow this rule.
- If you are camping, please park on the uphill side of the parking lot. That is the side that is closest to the ski slope. When you are driving into the parking lot it is on the left. Not sure how else to describe it. We need to keep the other side of the parking lot clear so the grader can clear the parking lot.
- If you are camping, bring your own firewood.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Quiet time is at 11:00. That means generators and other noise making activities in the parking lot, ghetto, and cabin area must be off by 11:00pm.